- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
Accepting New Patients:
I am accepting new patients
3801 West 15th Street
Suite 320, Building B
Plano Texas 75075
- Comprehensive, general and preventative cardiovascular care
- Imaging including echocardiography, nuclear imaging, arterial and venous ultrasound and cardiac CT
- Complex coronary intervention, including radial artery approach
- Complex peripheral vascular intervention
- Balloon aortic valvuloplasty
- Patel R, Kini A, Sharma S. The Mount Sinai Handbook of Interventional Cardiology. Chapters: Hemodynamic assessment of aortic and mitral valvular disease; Alcohol septal ablation; Right heart catheterization. Manuscript in preparation. 2013-2014
- Patel R, Love B. Device Retrieval in Percutaneous Atrial Septal Defect Closure. Cases presented at the NYC-Metro Consortium for Congenital - Structural Heart Fellowship Education, October 5, 2013.
- Patel R, Eng M, Mancuso J, Erikson J, Sako E, Carpenter AJ, Bailey SR. Aortic Valve Annular Assessment: a Comparative Analysis of Echocardiographic and Surgical Sizing for Aortic Valve Replacement. Presented (poster) at The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions Scientific Sessions, May 8, 2013.
- Patel R, Eng M, Mancuso J, Erikson J, Sako E, Carpenter AJ, Bailey SR. Aortic Valve Annular Assessment: a Comparative Analysis of Echocardiographic and Surgical Sizing for Aortic Valve Replacement. The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions' 36th Annual Scientific Sessions. Cathet Cardiovasc Intervent, 2013 81: S1-S173.
- Patel R, Dao T, Rivera O, Kanakia R, Oliveros R, Chilton RJ. Diagnosis and Management of Peripheral Arterial Disease: a Review and Application of Current Literature with a Focus on Diabetes. Manuscript in final preparation. 2013
- Patel R, Chilton RJ. Another telescope for examining statins: the SATURN trial. Clinical Diabetes. 2012 July;30(3):115-19.
- Maraj S, Patel R, Oliveros R, Sanon S, Dao T, Hur S, Chilton RJ. Potential Cardiometabolic Benefits of Renal Artery Denervation in Diabetics. J Diabetes Metab. 2012 July;S3:007.
- Patel R. Bloody Balloon Pump: Diagnosis and Management of Superficial Femoral Artery Perforation and Hemorrhage. Selected to present at the American College of Cardiology Conference, Non-Coronary Complications Case Review Session, ACC-i2 with TCT, March 26, 2012.
- Sanon S, Patel R, Eshelbrenner C, Sanon VP, Allhaddad M, Oliveros R, Pham SV, Chilton RJ. Acute Coronary Syndrome in Patients with Diabetes: Perspectives of an Interventional Cardiologist. Am J Cardiol. 2012 Nov 6;110(9 Suppl):13B-23B.
- Stent-related artifacts in optical coherence tomography. Marc D. Feldman M.D., Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. Completed literature review for hypothesis generation to examine the relationship between stent strut coverage (blood and neo-intimal hyperplasia) and degree of sunflower and merry-go-round artifacts; performed preliminary data analysis. 2011-2012
- Kirtane AJ, Caixeta A, Généreux P, Patel R, Moses JW. Sirolimus and Paclitaxel Eluting Stent Clinical Studies, in Interventional Cardiology: Principles and Practice (eds C. Di Mario, G. D. Dangas and P. Barlis), Wiley-Blackwell, Oxford, UK. 2011; Chapter 34.
- Patel R, Kirtane AJ, Voeltz MD, Feit F, Saucedo JF, Stone GW, White HD, Mehran R, Cohen EA, Lincoff AM, Manoukian SV. Outcomes With Eptifibatide plus Heparin Compared to Bivalirudin in Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Manuscript in final preparation. 2010
- Kirtane AJ, Patel R, O'Shaughnessy C, Overlie P, McLaurin B, Solomon S, Mauri L, Fitzgerald P, Popma JJ, Kandzari DE, Leon MB. Clinical and angiographic outcomes in diabetics from the ENDEAVOR IV trial: randomized comparison of zotarolimus- and paclitaxel-eluting stents in patients with coronary artery disease. JACC Cardiovascular Interventions. 2009 Oct;2(10):967-76.
- Kirtane AJ, Patel R, Moses JW. Update on drug-eluting coronary stents. Cardiology International. 2008; 9: 40-44.
- Patel R. Distilling Down to a Diagnosis. Texas Academy of Internal Medicine, Texas Chapter of American College of Physicians, presented a case of Adult Onset Still's Disease at state Clinical Vignette Competition. 2006
- Directional bias of light perception in patients with visuospatial neglect. Maurizio Corbetta M.D., Department of Neurology, Washington University in St. Louis - School of Medicine. Refined stimuli; collected and analyzed data. 2000-2002
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Interventional Cardiology
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Critical Care Resident Award, Columbia University Medical Center, Department of Medicine, 2010
- Rhone-Poulenc Rorer American College of Cardiology Scholarship, 1999
- Nominated for Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2006
- Baylor College of Medicine, Clinical Vignette Competition, 1st place, 2006
- Department of Medicine, Clinical Honors: Core Medicine, General Medicine Externship, Clinical Renal Disease, Infectious Disease, 2006
- Department of Anthropology Award for Excellence, 2003
- Golden Key International Honor Society: Membership granted for outstanding academic achievement and excellence, top 15% juniors/seniors, 2002
- Washington University Dean's List, 2000, Fall 2001
Policy Debate Top Speaker Awards:
UMKC Classic, Bowman Intercollegiate tournaments, 2001
9th top speaker in the nation, NFL National tournament, 1999
- After growing up in Midland, Texas, Dr. Rikesh Patel is excited to return to his home state to provide advanced, comprehensive cardiovascular patient care.
- He graduated with Honors from Washington University in St. Louis and went on to receive his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. Dr. Patel completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City, where he received the distinction of Outstanding Critical Care Resident. He specialized in Cardiovascular Disease at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and subsequently completed an additional fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, one of the nation's best and busiest cardiac catheterization laboratories.
- During his training, Dr. Patel presented at national conferences and actively participated in clinical research. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology and Vascular Interpretation. Additional interests include cardiac CT imaging and complex coronary, peripheral vascular and structural interventions.
- Dr. Patel seeks to provide individualized, thoughtful and evidence-based care. The son of a respected interventional cardiologist, he is committed to continuing his father's legacy of providing outstanding and compassionate care to his patients.
- Hobbies and Interests: Tennis, Travel, Spending time with his wife and two daughters
- Spanish, Gujarati
- Undergraduate: Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, A.B. (2003)
- Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, M.D. (2007)
- Residency, Internal Medicine: Columbia University Medical Center / NYPH, NY (2007-10)
- Fellowship, Cardiovascular Disease: The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX (2010-13)
- Fellowship, Interventional Cardiology: Mount Sinai Heart, The Mount Sinai Hospital, NY (2013-14)